JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

Monday, May 24, 2010

So, as previously stated - May is a crazy month around our house. The kiddos have 3 days left of school and I have never been so thankful for a year to wind down in my whole life - although I probably said that last year too, and the year before that, and the year before that....

My next door neighbor and I were finally able to get some of the garden put in this evening after soccer practice. We decided to put one out together and I have to tell you, working in it was a lot more fun with her out there to chat with. We'll see if we can make it through the summer still feeling that way. The thing is monstrous! I'll have to post a picture or two once we get it looking pretty. There hasn't been a garden in this spot anytime in the recent past (in fact there used to be a tree standing in the middle of it) so we are dealing with sod as well as your normal weeds. I've got all kinds of tricks up my sleeve to get rid of the grass before next spring but since we moved in in January - it was a little late to get that rolling for this year. We'll just have to do it the old fashioned way - send the kids out to pull it up!!!

These are the only pictures I have taken this whole month! Bad paparazzi mom!! I'll have to remedy that this weekend. We have Charity's birthday parties on Friday/Saturday and the race on Sunday so surely I can find something to take pictures of!



Joseph and cousin Hallie as we wait to pick up Jonathan from therapy. Fun times, fun times.


Alida was the "popular" one that day since she had brought her DS. All the kids wanted to sit beside her and watch her play. I have never understood that - IT IS NOT FUN TO WATCH SOMEONE ELSE PLAY VIDEO GAMES!!!


Jonathan and his classmate getting as up close and personal as you can safely get with the walrus on their field trip. This guy (and yes, I know it's a guy - I've seen proof on previous visits) is always coming up to the window to play with the kids. They love it and it makes for some fun pictures.


This would be the "toothless wonder" in all his glory. (We also call him our resident meth-head but that's not very PC is it?) Six teeth missing out of the front of his mouth. The four middle ones on top and two lower. He'd better hope they come in soon - it is almost corn on the cob season. Plus, I'm really sick of cutting up his apples.

No comments: