JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

Tuesday, May 25, 2010


Can I just say - I HATE LAUNDRY! I was feeling all good because I had washed and dried 7 loads of laundry yesterday and was all "caught up". Now, they aren't folded yet but at least everything was clean. I wake up this morning to find two more stinkin' loads of clothes. I don't know why I'm surprised. You would think after 18 months of having 4 kids I would just embrace the fact that we are a 2 loads/day family but I apparently love living in denial! I also decided that since the forecast for this week is high 80's with lots of humidity, I should probably get my summer clothes out of storage and put away the sweaters. WHY?!!! As if I don't have enough to do I had to start another project. My living room is a mess and everything else is falling apart because I'm too busy sorting clothes (and watching Mansfield Park while I work) to keep on top of it. Some day I will be organized, some day I will be organized, some day I will be organized....

3 comments:

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

I love to do laundry, but it was amazing how quickly it adds up with even just one kiddo in the house. Is that your laundry on the line or a stock photo? Oh how I wish we could hang our clothes to dry... not allowed in our neighborhood... I tried to sneak it in our (fenced in) backyard, but there wasnt enough sunlight and they ended up smelling musty :(

Melissa said...

This is amazing! You did like four posts in about four days! Good job!!!! You know I check this all the time. I've looked at your March pictures about 20 times. Thanks for adding more. This delinquent aunt needs her Oliver family fix. FYI...Sorry about your laundry. It really never has been your strong suit. The clothes everything is one of the reasons why sharing a room wasn't good for our relationship :-)

Me said...

Hah - my laundry on the line! No, that is a lovely Microsoft stock-photo. I like the smell of clothes dried on the line but I hate the feel of crunchy outside sheets, towels, blue-jeans, etc. It also seems counterproductive to hang clean clothes outside where dust, birds, and bugs can have their way with them. Eric would love a clothes-line (and some chickens running around to enhance the effect) but his darn wife has vetoed THAT idea!

Melissa - I'm trying to do better! No promises, but I'm trying! (on the laundry and the blog updates:) )