JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Not Again!!

I thought today was getting off to a good start. I wanted to leave the house at 8:20 and we were actually pulling out of the driveway at 8:30 - not too bad. I normally take Michael to school on my way to work so I pull up in front of school and THEN realize that 1) there is no crossing guard 2) there are no buses and 3) there are no other students entering the building! Oops - 2 hour delay because of the fog. So, of course, Michael starts crying while I'm thanking God that we got going on time this morning because it meant I still had time to run Michael to the Y before going over to my school. Poor little guy has missed so much school this month. First we had the extreme cold (2-hr delay, no AM Kindergarten), then the snow day (everybody canceled) followed immediately by mid-winter break, and now the fog. Since Feb. 1st he has only gone to school for 8 days. Some kids would jump for joy but our little social bee just wants to go see his friends (not to mention the greatest Kindergarten teacher ever!!)

No comments: