JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mommy Guilt - bye bye!!

I am at the Hearts-at-Home conference this weekend. This is the conference I attend every year that we commonly refer to as "mommy school"! It is a time of laughter and refreshment for moms of all types. Granted, most are stay at homes and that's how I was introduced to it, but the applications are relevant to any and all moms (there is even at least one stay-at-home dad here - poor guy, he is SO outnumbered and they've changed all but one of the men's bathrooms into women's - complete with "dismantling" the urinals by putting potted plants in them! Don't you LOVE women!) I can't even articulate how important this time away is for me. I spent yesterday learning and growing not only in my mommyhood but also in my walk with God. How in the world do people get by without Him?! I am far from where I would like to be spiritually but yesterday I was touched by the One who loves me. The One who knows me inside and out and yet still love ME! The one who knows how I fail on an hourly basis to be the woman that I should be - yet he still LOVES ME! He loves me in a way that is beyond comprehension but that love is not beyond being known and better yet - felt. How do I go back to normal life after an experience like that? And yet, I know I will. I will go home on this spiritual high and probably within days I will catch myself falling back into my old habits and patterns of thought. Within weeks I will have forgotten some of the things I am feeling right now. With months I may start doubting that what happens at this conference is real. BUT IT IS REAL! It is the very hand of God that has worked on my heart and will continue to do so as I seek him. Yes, I will fail and yes, the feelings will fade with time but His loving kindness to me never will. Plus - I have the promise that Hearts-at-Home will have another session of "Mommy School" lined up to refresh me one year from today!!

No comments: