JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Review of the busy mom's Bible


Okay, so I promised I would use this bible (published by Zondervan) for a few weeks and then write a review of it on my blog. I don't normally do stuff like this but I have to admit I was intrigued by the special features in The Busy Mom's Bible (plus - it has a pink cover which always makes me smile). Like many moms I am easily sidetracked by the "urgent" away from the "important" - in this case the "important" being time in God's word. This bible contains 52 one-minute Thought-Starters that give you a verse or two and a quick thought to dwell on throughout the day. It then goes on to give an outline for those of us who find we have 5 or 10 minutes more. In the back of the Bible are more studies and reading plans - all designed for 5 or 10-minute study times. The amazing thing that I discovered was that when I thought I only had a minute - I actually realized that I was able to spend the extra time as well. It's incredible how God has a way of aligning my day when I take that time to focus on him first.
Another nice feature of this bible is it's slim design. It easily fits into my bag and is handy when I'm waiting at an appointment or to pick up one of the yahoos from an activity or school.
The bottom line is - we all know we need to spend more time in the Word and in this season of growing a family even spending the few minutes a day outlined in The Busy Mom's Bible are often the difference between anxiety and peace.

No comments: