JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Down Day

The goal today was to do absolutely nothing. So far, so good. I've only done the necessities - get kids ready for school, pack lunches, shower, made bed, boot over laundry, unload/load dishwasher, feed kid. That's it. I'm taking it easy for the rest of the afternoon. Jonathan took a fall yesterday and was crying at bedtime about his leg hurting. I took him to the ER and after x-rays they pretty much determined that he probably pulled/tore a muscle and time would tell. If he is still in pain on Monday we are supposed to go see our family doc. They doped him up so he/we could sleep and sent us on our merry way. I've babied him today which he loves. We aren't letting him stand or do the stairs on his own and I even lifted him onto the toilet. I brought toys downstairs for him (I'm kind of a toy Nazi and want them left upstairs at all times) and he has pretty much just laid around today.

Now that he's taking a nap I'm going to rock out on the Wii with the Beatles and then do homework with the other 3. I'll be ready for bed tonight but I have to gear up for the big "budget meeting" tonight. We haven't revamped the budget since we've moved and our expenses have changed quite a bit. Eric warned me that tonight is the night that we are duking it out. I actually love my budget. It gives me so much freedom. I do not enjoy the process of setting it up though. Since I take care of 98% of the household expenses - and have for about 9 years - Eric is sometimes a little clueless as to how much things cost. Our grocery bill makes the poor guy's hair stand on end. Putting all of these things down on paper is a really good communication exercise:)



This picture actually has nothing to do with anything - Charity just makes me laugh. Eric's sister was here this weekend and she was reading to the kids. Before they got started we sent them up to get ready for bed and this is how Darling Daughter came down.

WHAT'S COOKING?
On today's menu (thanks to my cousin Heather): Chicken Noodle Soup and Cornbread Muffins. Charity might actually eat tonight - that would make 2 days this week. Maybe we'll have the Crockpot Tapioca Pudding that Eric made yesterday for dessert to reward her. (She usually misses out on dessert - we tend to have it on days that she won't eat what we are having.)

No comments: