JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

Thursday, May 10, 2007

What a year!

Charity and her two best friends from church!
Michael and one of his church buddies - who also happened to be in the same class at school and saved him from a fate worse than death - being the only boy at Charity's poodle themed birthday party!
Michael and more friends from church!
(I don't know why I never posted this one. I just realized I had it saved as a draft!)
The kids and I had our last Wednesday night church session last night. Charity has her end of the year program next week but all our other activities are done. I don't know if I've ever mentioned our Wednesday night activities or not. Our church offers all kinds of activities on Wednesday night. They have women's and men's Bible study, choir, the teens have activities and they have "clubs" for the younger kids. Michael and Charity love hanging out with their friends and doing fun stuff. The boys and girls each have their own clubs so they get to do stuff that they especially like. Charity's club has had a pajama party, painted nails, and had all kinds of fun. Mixed in with all this fun is teaching the girls how they are loved by Jesus and teaching them the value of serving. They made cookies for the workers in the nursery, cleaned baby toys and all kinds of other little projects. They had a cookout last night where they got to make smores - girls and chocolate go hand in hand you know! Michael has enjoyed playing all kinds of "boy" stuff with other kids his age and some long suffering dads. They have had paper airplane races, bike/scooter nights, and all kinds of other fun that generally has them coming home smelling like - well, boys! For my part I really enjoyed the Bible study I was in this session. I joined a bunch of wonderful ladies going through Beth Moore's study on the Patriarchs. If you've ever been through one of her studies then you know they are set up for a 10 week session with homework 5 days a week. Our church takes it at a slower pace which doesn't overwhelm me with homework and allows more time for discussion within our small groups. For each of Beth's "weeks" we take 3 weeks. We discuss days 1,2,&3 for week 1, days 4&5 for week 2, and the watch and discuss the video on week 3. I loved it and LOVED the study! If you've never gotten into a Beth Moore study - I HIGHLY recommend them! Thank you so much to the faithful family we found at LBC for all the love they have shown us while we were with you. We will miss you!

No comments: