JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

JUST A (NOT SO) NORMAL FAMILY

Saturday, March 3, 2007

We are returning to normal!




Well we've had quite a week! I told you all that Michael stayed home from school on Tuesday because he had a fever. Well he also stayed home on Wednesday and again on Thursday. We wasn't exhibiting any other symptoms besides the fever and he kept telling me that nothing hurt but Thursday morning I called the doctor. We were seen on Thursday afternoon and the doctor said his throat looked a little red so he did a strep test. (Any of you who know Michael and his gag reflex and tendency to overreact can bet how pleasant that was! Luckily there was no "clean up on aisle 5" needed!) Sure enough it came back positive. So, no school on Friday either! He didn't want to go to school more than 10 days in the month of February anyway. (Actually I think he went 11 days this month but who's counting!) Poor little guy still isn't back to 100% but he's slowly getting there. His appetite is still missing and he tires easily but at least he is doing more than lying on the couch. He got to play basketball today. He was alright the first two periods he played but during the third one he was obviously dragging. Even the coach for the other team noticed it. (His daughter played on the kids' soccer team in the fall so he has seen Michael in "action" on numerous occasions.) Thankfully we have a very easy weekend and he can rest up. Eric even broke down and let him play Madden on his computer. Michael (the Bears) lost to the 49ers 0-41. Not to be outdone, Charity played Duck Hunt on the good ol' Nintendo. (pictures above) We are HIGH TECH in our household. No fancy game systems for us, we rely on the original Nintendo for our gaming pleasure. Eric's dad is also up for the weekend so the kids are having fun climbing all over "big" Papa. They are taking naps now so Eric and I are watching the Purdue game while his dad is visiting a family friend here in town. I'm LOVING this game!! Purdue is on a 16-3 run and beating Northwestern 57-39. I always liked going to basketball games when I was at school (not as much as football games though!) and watching them on TV brings back all kinds of memories! It's so fun when they win and it just doesn't happen as much as I would like it too. It wears me out watching them though. I think I'll take a nap when its over.

No comments: